[Pacemaker] Pacemaker cluster with different operating systems

Osman Findik Osman.Findik at telenity.com
Thu Mar 7 06:02:27 EST 2013

Hi Sven,
I tried to test your suggestion and executed corosync only on the observer node.

In my test "pmosidea" is observer node running only corosync process.
"pmidea1" and "pmidea2" are other cluster nodes running both corosync and pacemaker.
I set no_quorum_policy as "stop".
When I killed corosync process on "pmidea1", I expect that quorum will be ok between "pmidea2" and "pmosidea". And cluster resources will be on "pmidea2".
But in my test cluster resources are stopped. Quorum seems to be lost from crm interface:

Last updated: Thu Mar  7 12:52:26 2013
Last change: Thu Mar  7 12:42:03 2013 via crmd on pmidea1
Stack: openais
Current DC: pmidea2 - partition WITHOUT quorum
Version: 1.1.8-4.el6-394e906
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
2 Resources configured.

Online: [ pmidea2 ]
OFFLINE: [ pmidea1 ]

Anybody have a working setup with a corosync-only quorum node?

Regards,