[Pacemaker] Are you correct about the calculation of quorum when booth renews a ticket?

Yuichi SEINO seino.cluster2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 22:46:27 EDT 2013

Hi Jiaju,

I updated the branch. I fixed two issues when the instance number is
implemented.

1. Regardless of whether learner have a quorum, learner fail to renew
a ticket when acceptor can't receive a proposer message.
2. booth can't recover the instance number when booth was fail-over in local.

 I explain first issue. In terms of Paxos, this situation should
commit because learner is independent of acceptor. It would appear
that a proposer message is single-failure point. So, I fixed a part of
acceptor. we move the making of acceptor timer from acceptor to
learner. when learner commit, learner make certainly the new acceptor
timer.

 I explain second issue. the current instance number is lost because
there's no way to store the instance number. There are some may to
resolve this issue. And, I resolved by the following way. the first
"renew" run full-round paxos after booth is fail-over. From the second
time, booth run the normal "renew". booth can get the correct round
after booth is fail-over. If booth boost a round, then the instance
number is reset. So, proposer run promise after booth is fail-over.

Sincerely,
Yuichi

--
Yuichi SEINO