[Pacemaker] resource modification and resource agent update

Matthew O'Connor matt at ecsorl.com
Thu Mar 14 23:48:16 EDT 2013

Hi!!  Two quick questions.

1. I have a resource that many other resources depend on.  I need to
modify this "base" resource, but if I modify this resource while it is
online, will pacemaker restart it to effect the changes?  I would expect
that if it does, it will necessitate restarting all dependent resources
as well - is this correct?

2. I'm still stuck on Pacemaker 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 (different clusters).
My resource agents are rather out of date, and I haven't gotten around
to compiling 1.1.8 from the sources (it's...a long story).  Can I update
the resource agents to whatever is latest and greatest, or is there a
cross-dependency between the Pacemaker version and the resource agent
revisions?  I'm hoping I can update, since they're all pretty much just
shell-scripts, right?

Thanks for your help!!
-- Matthew