[Pacemaker] Pacemaker not starting in 2nd node of a 2 node cluster

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Mon Jul 29 06:30:44 EDT 2013

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013, 10:06:29 schrieb Enric Muñoz:
> Iptables is disabled and selinux set to permissive in both nodes.

Do a tcpdump on both nodes. You should see the multicast packets as well as
some unicast packets to the udp port you defined. As fasr as I remember there
are three (or four?) unicast packets between any multicast packet.
If you do not see these packets, you have several options to search:

- do you use virtual machines? I have seen kvm problems with multicast
packets.
- separate subnets? Talk to your network guys to use IGMP.
- Problems with your switches? Talk to the network guys.

On the other hand, you also could use udpu (unicast) for the transport.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98