[Pacemaker] How to perform a clean shutdown of Pacemaker in the event of network connection loss

Tan Tai hock taihock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 04:40:15 EDT 2013

I did not enable fencing. I observe the process running and see that when
the node is up, I will see the following processes:

Corosync
--------------
/usr/sbin/corosync

Pacemaker
-----------------
/usr/libexec/pacemaker/lrmd
/usr/libexec/pacemaker/pengine
pacemakerd
/usr/libexec/pacemaker/stonith
/usr/libexec/pacemaker/cib
/usr/libexec/pacemaker/crmd

If I were to shutdown the network connection of any node and then list out
the processes, I will see that "/usr/sbin/corosync" is no longer running
 and for Pacemaker, the following processes are left:

Pacemaker
/usr/libexec/pacemaker/lrmd
/usr/libexec/pacemaker/pengine

If there is no network connectivity loss and I perform a clean shutdown, I
do not see any of the processes listed for Corosync and Pacemaker. I tried
to kill the remaining process after network connection is lost but that
does not prevent the fallen node from getting back the resource if it used
to be holding it before going down.

Is there a way to perform a clean shutdown if pacemaker was shutdown
improperly?