[Pacemaker] Multi-node resource dependency

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Sat Jul 20 11:32:03 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-19T16:49:21, "\"Tomcsányi, Domonkos\"" <tomcsanyid at modit.hu> wrote:

> Now the behaviour I would like to achieve:
> If NODE 1 goes offline its services should get migrated to NODE 2 AND NODE
> 3's services should get migrated to NODE 4.
> If NODE 3 goes offline its services should get migrated to NODE4 AND NODE1's
> services should get migrated to NODE 2.
> Of course the same should happen vice versa with NODE 2 and NODE 4.

The short answer is "No, that is not possible." Pacemaker doesn't
support that resources running somewhere else should affect the
placement of resources on other nodes, at least not natively.

The slightly longer answer is that you can fake it pretty well, I guess.
By having a resource agent in the dependency tree/group of each that
switches the attribute of the *other* resources/group to move too.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA