[Pacemaker] Floating IP Address

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Jul 18 15:18:28 EDT 2013

On 18/07/13 15:07, Gopalakrishnan N wrote:
> I have gone through certain links, as like the below,
>
> https://www.johncahill.net/wiki/index.php/2_Node_Active/Passive_cluster#Install_and_configure_lsyncd
>
> http://www.6tech.org/2013/03/linux-firewall-cluster-with-pacemaker-and-corosync/
>
> http://zeldor.biz/2010/12/activepassive-cluster-with-pacemaker-corosync/
>
> In all these the messages are different, in some article i saw i have to
> use virtual IP along with physical IP address, in some article only
> physical IP address is defined.
>
> Also I have to use floating IP address, if am not wrong....!
>
> Is there any proper article to follow and make a setup with Pacemaker,
> Corosync by using rsync of my files...!
>
> Thanks in advance.

The "Clusters from Scratch" tutorial is maintained by pacemaker's
author, so it's as authoritative as it gets.

http://clusterlabs.org/doc/

It covers configuring a virtual IP address. Which version you follow,
crmsh or pcs, depends on your operating system. If you're using
RHEL/CentOS/Fedora, you'll probably want the pcs version. In all other
cases, you'll probably want the crmsh version.

Section 5.2 shows how to setup a virtual/floating IP address.

--
Digimer
access to education?