[Pacemaker] why pacemaker stops cman?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Jul 14 20:57:09 EDT 2013

When Pacemaker is used with cman, Pacemaker provides the fencing capabilities.
So at the point Pacemaker is stopped, fencing is impossible.
This makes it unsafe for cman (which initiates fencing for its own reasons) to continue running.

Also, CMAN's fenced is not very good at shutting down cleanly.
So we bring down all the services, leave the fencing domain, kill fenced, and then shut down pacemaker and the rest of cman.
This has proven to be the only way to reliably get fenced to stop.