[Pacemaker] again trouble with quorum (now with cman)

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri Jul 12 14:18:03 EDT 2013

On 12/07/13 04:04, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2013-07-12T08:59:16, Andrey Groshev <greenx at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>> I understand that it may be correct to do so...
>> But why so difficult?
>> Assume, I make a small НА cluster in my garage.
>> And, I not have a managed switch or managed UPS.
>> I can not corrupt the data.
>> I just need to returning node as soon as possible started responding.
>
> You should be able to disable fencing for services that don't need it
> (it's just difficult to understand if it is not needed, people get this
> wrong all the time).
>
> If cman prevents that, that's not very happy.
>

> Regards,
>      Lars

cman blocks until a fence succeeds (or an admin manually clears the call).

In any case, if a split-brain is not a concern, then why use an HA stack
at all? Just run the service on both machines at the same time. Of
course, this probably is not the case, so you need to take steps to
avoid a split-brain - enter fencing.

--
Digimer
access to education?