[Pacemaker] Using "avoids" location constraint

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Jul 10 18:04:47 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-10T14:32:04, Andrew Morgan <andrewjamesmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:

> First of all, setting the 3rd host to be a standby (this was done before
> any of the resources were created) didn't stop Pacemaker attempting to
> start the resources there (that fails as MySQL isn't installed on that
> server)....

It didn't start them. It monitored them.

> Failed actions:
>     p_mysql_monitor_0 (node=drbd3.localdomain, call=18, rc=5,
> status=complete): not installed

> Is that a bug?

No. It monitored the resource and detected that it wasn't installed on
this node. That's expected.

> While the resources are running on drbd1, "ifdown" its network connection.

"ifdown" is not really a good test for seeing how the cluster copes with
network outages. Try pulling the cable, shutting down the switch port,
or firewalling the NIC.

> [root at drbd2 billy]# pcs status
> Last updated: Wed Jul 10 14:03:03 2013
> Last change: Wed Jul 10 13:59:19 2013 via crm_resource on drbd1.localdomain
> Stack: cman
> Current DC: drbd2.localdomain - partition with quorum
> Version: 1.1.8-7.el6-394e906

For m/s, you really want to upgrade to 1.1.10-rc. 1.1.8 had some
annoying bugs; I couldn't make m/s work there well either (and ended up
filing a few ;-).

> When I look at the log files, I see that there's an attempt to fence drbd1
> even though I have <nvpair id="cib-bootstrap-options-stonith-enabled"
> name="stonith-enabled" value="false"/> in the CIB. Why would the cluster
> still be attempting to STONITH?

It won't fence. But having stonith-enabled="false" tends to be a suckish
configuration, good luck with that.

Regards,
    Lars

--