[Pacemaker] Using "avoids" location constraint

Andrew Morgan andrewjamesmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 01:59:01 EDT 2013

On 9 July 2013 04:11, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> On 08/07/2013, at 11:35 PM, Andrew Morgan <andrewjamesmorgan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Florian.
> >
> > The problem I have is that I'd like to define a HA configuration that
> isn't dependent on a specific set of fencing hardware (or any fencing
> hardware at all for that matter) and as the stack has the quorum capability
> included I'm hoping that this is an option.
> >
> > I've not been able to find any quorum commands within pcs; the closest
> I've found is setting a node to "standby" but when I do that, it appears to
> have lost its quorum vote
>
> This is not the case.

My test was to have 3 nodes, node 3 defined as being on standby. My
resources were running on node 2. I then dropped the network connection on
node 2 hoping that node 1 and node 3 would maintain a quorum and that the
resources would start on node 1 - instead the resources were stopped.

I have quorum enabled but on pcs status it says that the number of votes
required is unknown - is there something else that I need to configure?