[Pacemaker] Using "avoids" location constraint

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Mon Jul 8 09:47:06 EDT 2013

On 2013-07-08T14:35:09, Andrew Morgan <andrewjamesmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Florian.
>
> The problem I have is that I'd like to define a HA configuration that isn't
> dependent on a specific set of fencing hardware (or any fencing hardware at
> all for that matter) and as the stack has the quorum capability included
> I'm hoping that this is an option.

Well. So I'm going to lean myself a bit out of the window here, but if
you have three nodes, you could export an iSCSI target from each to each
and layer sbd on top (as a fencing mechanism).

The advantage would be that the third node could also be shared. And
you'd get a "real" fencing mechanism.

Regards,
    Lars

--