[Pacemaker] Full API description for Fence Agent

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Jul 4 09:43:35 EDT 2013

On 04/07/13 05:24, Andreas Mock wrote:
> Hi digimer,
>
> I would like to take your offer and asking the following:
>
> The API documents says nothing about the correct way
> of giving messages back to the stonith daemon.
> So, what is the right way to write error/warn/info messages.
>
> Looking at the scripted agents available I can find a nice
> mixture of using STDERR and STDOUT.
> What is the rule here?
> Can you give insights, whether STDOUT/STDERR is captured by
> the calling program and logged somewher (and where)?
>
> By the way: How is it going with merging the stonith/fencing API? ;-)
>
> Best regards
> Andreas

Andrew answered re: pacemaker. As for fenced, the API doesn't talk about
that, so in my agents, I write to a dedicated log file. So far as I've
ever seen, fenced simply ignores anything returned to STDOUT/ERR as it
really only cares about the exit code. I could be wrong on this though,
I'd have to test. In any case, I don't think it's a strict rule.

As for merging with stonith; I am not the author of either API, I just
try to document things. So I am not in a position to work on merging.
Truth be told, I am not sure how much value there is in it, given that
pacemaker is FenceAgentAPI compatible. If there is a good reason though,
I'll be happy to try and relay it on.

--
Digimer
access to education?