[Pacemaker] Full API description for Fence Agent

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Thu Jul 4 08:31:45 EDT 2013

Hi Digimer, hi all,

there is a little thing in the API doc which is also unclear to me.
It says:

"[...]
status - this is not implemented by most agents nor used by fenced at this
time. Return values:

    0 if the fence device is reachable and the port is in the on state
    1 if the fence device could not be contacted
    2 if the fence device is reachable but is in the off state
[...]"

What is meant with return code 2? Does it mean I could contact the fence
device
and it says that the PORT is in off state?
How do I have to understand the state "fence device in off state"?

Best regards
Andreas Mock