[Pacemaker] Monitor and standby

Denis Witt denis.witt at concepts-and-training.de
Wed Jul 3 17:44:52 EDT 2013

Am 03.07.2013 um 22:31 schrieb Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com>:

> What purpose, exactly, is pacemaker supposed to serve in your setup?

Hi Lars,

running a two node Active/Passive-Cluster. As we don't have a STONITH-Device we decided to add a third node as quorum node into the setup and stop all services if we ever loose quorum.

Unfortunately the third node has to run an MySQL-Slave which should never become active, but pacemaker of course has to manage MySQL on the two other nodes.

It might not be the perfect Cluster setup you will find in any books but I can see nothing what's really wrong with it.

I could think of a setup were MySQL will run with one master and two slaves and forbid the migration/promotion to the third node but I would like to share the Database-Files between the active and the passive node via DRBD as I expect it to be more reliable. The downside is that you has to wait until the MySQL-Server on the (no longer) passive node has been started in case of failover, but I can live with that.

Of course, I'm very open to any comments or recommendations you might have.

Best regards
Denis Witt