[Pacemaker] setup advice

Stefano Sasso stesasso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 04:27:31 EDT 2013

2013/7/3 Andrey Groshev <greenx at yandex.ru>

> 03.07.2013, 11:42, "Stefano Sasso" <stesasso at gmail.com>:
>
> Does "standby" mean that PostgreSQL is stopped ?
> If Master doesn't have WAL files which new slave needs,
> new slave can't connect master.
>
> How do you solve it ?
> copy data or wal-archive on start automatically ?
> It may cause timed-out if PostgreSQL has large database.
>

> I'm using streaming replication.
>

> This is understandable, it is not clear what your "slave" is different
> from "standby".

slave is syncronized with streaming replication,
standby do a sync on daily basis (so if both master and slave fails, I lose
only one day of data - not a problem).
we can assume that only one host fails at a time, so I have no problem if
the new slave takes log time to resync with the master.
they have a dedicated GB link for clustering, and the database average size
will be 10 Gb

--
Stefano Sasso
http://stefano.dscnet.org/