[Pacemaker] Fixed! - Re: Problem with dual-PDU fencing node with redundant PSUs

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Jul 1 13:52:22 EDT 2013

On 07/01/2013 01:44 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2013-07-01T13:44:43, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:
>
>>> I only use fence_*, so the wrapper would need to be there for me to test it.
>>>
>>> Tell me about how sbd works, please.
>> nm, found the page for it.
>>
>> http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/SBD_Fencing
>
> Yeah, smart me, forgot to add the URL.
>
> The above one is a bit dated; it now lives on github:
> https://github.com/l-mb/sbd/blob/master/man/sbd.8.pod

A few concerns;

1. It won't (reliably) work with DRBD because.
2. I never trust a fence method that requires the victim be in any way
operational.
3. If I have a SAN, I probably have a SAN switch and can do fabric fencing.
4. There is a similar mechanism already in the fence_* world;
https://alteeve.ca/w/Watchdog_Recovery

So it wouldn't be right for me.

--
Digimer