[Pacemaker] RHEL6 - clam + pacemaker + clvmd

Nikola Ciprich nikola.ciprich at linuxbox.cz
Mon Jul 1 08:46:18 EDT 2013

Hello again,

and thanks for your reply again.
> Sorry, no. That's up to you to decide. I go with corosync2 only because
> I'm pretty sure I can put that all into "Works for me" state now and in
> a future.
OK, I understand..

> > slides, to me safe choice seems to be cman + pacemaker + (patched) clvmd,
> > better for futer could be corosync + pacemaker + clvmd (+ future patch).
>
> Not exactly.
> now - cman + pacemaker + future patch for clvmd,
> future - corosync2 + pacemaker + dlm4 + clvmd with existing patch.
>
> If you go with corosync2 you should realize that there are big issues
> running clustered filesystems with new corosync and old kernel.

well, this shouldn't be problem for me, I don't use any clustered filesystems
at all, I'm only interested in clustered LVM...

> Actually, in future RHEL (and in fedora 17+) gfs and dlm communicate in
> kernel space rather than in userspace fro EL6. That's why gfs_controld
> (which is not needed in future releases) and ocfs_controld need to be
> ported to corosync2 for EL6. I did port former (thanks to David for not
> removing fs_control functionality from dlm), but I won't support that
> port except for myself. OCFS part is completely unclear for me.

that's what I forgot to mention, I'm not using distro kernel, but 3.x based
one.

I guess I'll just create a bunch of testing clusters with various combinations
and see which works best for me...

thanks a lot for Your valuable guidance, I appreciate it a lot!

have a nice day

with best regards

nik

> > While I'm not a cluster guru at all, I've got some experience with pacemaker
> > and don't have problem building and maintaining my own packages as well as
> > patching stuff...
>
> You may try.
> I would say that it is possible to make everything work.
>

> > thanks a lot in advance for this last advice :)
> >
> > BR
> >
> > nik

> >> Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
> >> Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf