[Pacemaker] RHEL6 - clam + pacemaker + clvmd

Nikola Ciprich nikola.ciprich at linuxbox.cz
Mon Jul 1 07:04:30 EDT 2013

> I actually did that myself, but I wouldn't recommend that way unless you
> are familiar with all that. You may search through archives and look at
> Andrew's blog (blog.clusterlabs.org, notably
> http://blog.clusterlabs.org/blog/2012/pacemaker-and-cluster-filesystems/) for
> additional details. You may also look at my slides at
> http://lvee.org/uploads/image_upload/file/267/Linux_Clusters_at_LVEE_2013.pdf
>
> In short - that is really complicated to backport everything to RHEL6.
>
> Vladislav

Hello once more,

thanks a lot for the links, interesting reading.. So I'd bother You with one
last question if I can..

I'd like to stick to RHEL6, don't have problem with compiling my own (newer)
pacemaker/corosync/whatever packages. I'd like to keep using pacemaker though
and I need clvmd as well. Don't really care whether I keep using corosync or
switch to cman. Would You recommend one combination to me? According to Your
slides, to me safe choice seems to be cman + pacemaker + (patched) clvmd,
better for futer could be corosync + pacemaker + clvmd (+ future patch).

While I'm not a cluster guru at all, I've got some experience with pacemaker
and don't have problem building and maintaining my own packages as well as
patching stuff...

thanks a lot in advance for this last advice :)

BR

nik

-------------------------------------
Ing. Nikola CIPRICH