[Pacemaker] Fixed! - Re: Problem with dual-PDU fencing node with redundant PSUs

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Mon Jul 1 03:32:17 EDT 2013

29.06.2013 02:22, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On 29/06/2013, at 12:22 AM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

>>> I'm not crazy about it either because it means the device is tied to a specific command.
>>> But it seems to be something all the RHCS people try to do...
>>
>> Maybe something in the rhcs water cooler made us all mad... ;)

>>> The RH agents have apparently already been updated to support multiple ports.
>>> I'm really not keen on having the stonith-ng doing this.
>>
>> This doesn't help people who have dual power rails/PDUs for power
>> redundancy.
>
> I'm yet to be convinced that having two PDUs is helping those people in the first place.
> If it were actually useful, I suspect more than two/three people would have asked for it in the last decade.

I'm just silently waiting for this to happen.
Although I use different fencing scheme (and plan to use even more
different one), that is very nice fall-back path for me. And I strongly
prefer all complexities like reboot -> off-off-on-on to be hidden from
the configuration. Naturally, that is task for the entity which has
whole picture of what to do - stonithd. Just my 'IMHO'.

And, to PSU/PDU. I, like Digimer, always separate power circuits as much
as possible. Of course I always use redundant PSUs.

Vladislav