[Pacemaker] Different behaviour for cloned resource on 1 and 2 nodes

Johan Huysmans johan.huysmans at inuits.be
Wed Jul 10 10:21:27 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I have a setup with a cloned resource and a resource group.
I also configured some colocation and order rules in such way that the
group can only run where the cloned resource is running.

On a 2 node setup I have no problems. The group moves away when the
local clone resource fails.
The failing clone resource appears as unmanaged as I configured it as
on-fail="block"

When one of these 2 nodes is offline I see a different behaviour.
When a local clone resource fails, the group is restarted and the clone
resource is restarted.

It seems that in a 1 node setup the on-fail="block" is not followed and
it performs the on-fail="restart".

Is this normal behaviour?

Thx!
Johan