[Pacemaker] Another question about fencing/stonithing

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Fri Jul 5 03:34:21 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I just wrote a stonith agent which IMHO implements the
API spec found at https://fedorahosted.org/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI.

But it seems it has a problem when used as pacemaker stonith device.

What has to be done, to have a stonith/fencing agent which implements
both roles. I'm pretty sure something is missing.
It's just a guess that it has something to do with listing "registered"
agents.

What is a registered stonith agent and what is done while registering it?

When I configure my own fencing agent as packemaker stonith device
and try to do a "stonith_admin --list=nodename" I get a "no such device"
error.

Any pointer appreciated.

Best regards
Andreas Mock