[Pacemaker] Fedora 17 pcs or crmsh ?

Chris Feist cfeist at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 18:17:40 EST 2013

On 01/18/13 13:33, E-Blokos wrote:
> Hi,
> I got this doc
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
> so I'm trying to follow the doc but got confused
> when pcsd is not included in any Fedora 17 package
> but this doc is including Fedora 17 installation.
> I saw there
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/
> that Fedora 17 doc concerns crmsh and not pcsd....
> I start to have unlogical headdick ;)
> where the truth ? :o)
> Regards
> Franck

You are correct pcsd isn't present on Fedora 17, but it is present on Fedora 18.
  You can still configure a cluster with just 'pcs', you just need to execute
the cluster creation commands on all the nodes (and you can't sync between
nodes).  Once you have corosync/pacemaker up and running you can do all your
management from just one node.  (The same is true for crmsh as well).

Thanks,
Chris