[Pacemaker] booth is the state of "started" on pacemaker before booth write ticket info in cib.

Yuichi SEINO seino.cluster2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 01:02:00 EST 2013

Hi Jiaju,

2013/1/11 Jiaju Zhang <jjzhang at suse.de>:
> Hi Yuichi,
>
> On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 19:39 +0900, Yuichi SEINO wrote:
>> Hi Jiaju,
>>
>> I have a suggestion about this issue. Could you revert the following commit?
>> https://github.com/jjzhang/booth/commit/4b00d46480f45a205f2550ff0760c8b372009f7f
>>
>> Because the suitable log can't be output, we took in this fix. Even If
>> this commit is reverted,  the behavior of booth should not be affect.
>> And, this issue is more important than this commit.
>
> The main reason we took that fix is to make the initialization to be
> under the protection of lockfile(), so that there are no two booth
> instances trying to start on the same node.

 Originally, there was lockfile check after setup_listener(). So, I
think that two booth instances can't start. However, booth usually
stop at the instant of setup_transport() before lockfile check because
booth uses the same IP. Therefore, the suitable log could not be
output.
 In my opinion,  Reverting this commit is simpler than making the new
function to initialize cib.

Sincerely,
Yuichi

--