[Pacemaker] Suggestion to improve movement of booth

yusuke iida yusk.iida at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:50:27 EST 2013

Hi, Jiaju

When the proposal was conflict, I want to keep on the site of the
original lease.
I do not want to generate a revoke when maintained.

I made a patch according to a thought of "5.2 Master lease" described
in the next article.
It means that it prevents you from accepting new suggestion until a
time limit of lease expires.

http://www.read.seas.harvard.edu/~kohler/class/08w-dsi/chandra07paxos.pdf

Is there anything wrong with this idea?

Regards,
Yusuke

2012/12/12 Jiaju Zhang <jjzhang at suse.de>:
> Hi Yusuke,
>
> On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 21:30 +0900, yusuke iida wrote:
>> Hi, Jiaju
>>

>> When communication of a part of proposer and acceptor goes out,
>> re-acquisition of lease is temporarily performed by proposer.
>>
>> Since a ticket will be temporarily revoke(d) at this time, service
>> will stop temporarily.
>>
>> I think that this is a problem.
>>
>> I hope that lease of the ticket is held.
>
> This is what I wanted to do as well;) That is to say, the lease should
> keep renewing on the original site successfully unless it was down.
> Current implementation is to let the original site renew the ticket
> before ticket lease expires (only when lease expires the ticket will be
> revoked), hence, before other sites tries to acquire the ticket, the
> original site has renewed the ticket already, so the result is the
> ticket is still on that site.
>
> I'm not quite understand your problem here. Is that the lease not
> keeping in the original site?
>
> Thanks,
> Jiaju
>

>> I thought about a plan to prevent movement to become the reaccession
>> of lease.
>>
>> When proposer continues updating lease, I think that you should refuse
>> a message from new proposer.
>>
>> In order to remain at the existing behavior, I want to be switched
>> according to the setting.
>>

>> I wrote the patch about this proposal.
>>
>> https://github.com/yuusuke/booth/commit/6b82fda7b4220c418ff906a9cf8152fe88032566
>>

>> What do you think about this proposal?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Yuusuke
>> --
>> METRO SYSTEMS CO., LTD
>>
>> Yuusuke Iida
>> Mail: yusk.iida at gmail.com

METRO SYSTEMS CO., LTD

Yusuke Iida
Mail: yusk.iida at gmail.com

2012/12/12 Jiaju Zhang <jjzhang at suse.de>:
> Hi Yusuke,
>
> On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 21:30 +0900, yusuke iida wrote:
>> Hi, Jiaju
>>

>> When communication of a part of proposer and acceptor goes out,
>> re-acquisition of lease is temporarily performed by proposer.
>>
>> Since a ticket will be temporarily revoke(d) at this time, service
>> will stop temporarily.
>>
>> I think that this is a problem.
>>
>> I hope that lease of the ticket is held.
>
> This is what I wanted to do as well;) That is to say, the lease should
> keep renewing on the original site successfully unless it was down.
> Current implementation is to let the original site renew the ticket
> before ticket lease expires (only when lease expires the ticket will be
> revoked), hence, before other sites tries to acquire the ticket, the
> original site has renewed the ticket already, so the result is the
> ticket is still on that site.
>
> I'm not quite understand your problem here. Is that the lease not
> keeping in the original site?
>
> Thanks,
> Jiaju
>

>> I thought about a plan to prevent movement to become the reaccession
>> of lease.
>>
>> When proposer continues updating lease, I think that you should refuse
>> a message from new proposer.
>>
>> In order to remain at the existing behavior, I want to be switched
>> according to the setting.
>>

>> I wrote the patch about this proposal.
>>
>> https://github.com/yuusuke/booth/commit/6b82fda7b4220c418ff906a9cf8152fe88032566
>>

>> What do you think about this proposal?