[Pacemaker] Critical: Issues in Pacemaker 1.1.8

Parshvi parshvi.17 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:24:26 EST 2013

Hi Andrew,
As suggested by you in ref. to bug id:5124 we have deployed Pacemaker 1.1.8.
We have been facing major issues:

1) lrmadmin fails to work with the following error:
WARN: lrm_signon: can not initiate connection
lrmd is not running.
WARN: Can't connect to lrmd!

Although, lrmd is running on the cluster nodes.
Because of this we are not able to modify the max-children parameter
as per our system requirements. We are limited to the default value of '4'.

Please suggest some help in this regard.

2) One of the resources configured in pacemaker had failed,
but the the cluster service did not recover it for more than 19 hours.
It appears that pacemaker did not issue a status/monitor on the failed resource
for over 19 hours.
This issue has occurred twice.

I have filed a bug in this regard(point 2): bug id 5129 on bugzilla and
 attached requisite logs there. This is
very critical issue for us.

Thanks
Parshvi