[Pacemaker] Building pacemaker RPM for EL6 failing

Shawn Paul Smith shawn at npario.com
Wed Jan 2 21:51:35 EST 2013

Hello.  I am attempting to create RPMs for RHEL/CentOS 6.3 to install a Pacemaker 1.1.8 with Corosync 2.X cluster.  I've so far done these steps on a fresh CentOS 6.3 install:

===Install Dependancies===
sudo yum install rpm-build redhat-rpm-config gcc-c++ nss-devel libtool doxygen check-devel automake libtool-ltdl-devel glib2-devel libxml2-devel libxslt-devel python-devel bzip2-devel gnutls-devel openssl-devel libuuid-devel pam-devel ncurses-devel docbook-style-xsl bison byacc flex help2man

===Build LibQB===
wget http://clusterlabs.org/rpm-next/rhel-6/src/libqb-0.14.2-1.el6.src.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild libqb-0.14.2-1.el6.src.rpm
cd ~/rpmbuild/RPMS
sudo yum install ./libqb*.rpm
mkdir /tmp/harpms
cp libqb*.rpm /tmp/harpms/

===Build Corosync===
cd
wget http://corosync.org/download/corosync-2.1.1.tar.gz
tar xvzf corosync-2.1.1.tar.gz
cd corosync-2.1.1
./configure
make rpm
cd x86_64
sudo yum install corosync*.rpm
cp corosync*.rpm /tmp/harpms

===Build Pacemaker===
cd
wget http://clusterlabs.org/rpm-next/rhel-6/src/pacemaker-1.1.8-4.el6.src.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild --without doc pacemaker-1.1.8-4.el6.src.rpm

At this point, it fails, due to requiring clusterlib-devel.  However, corosynclib-devel no longer supplies the libconfdb it is looking for.
Attempting to build the RPM's from the source tarball results in some confusion, as it seems to think it is running on Fedora.

Any hints on what I am doing wrong?