[Pacemaker] when is 'not installed' rechecked?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Jan 2 07:16:12 EST 2013

On 2012-12-20T05:14:56, James Harper <james.harper at bendigoit.com.au> wrote:

> I have a resource that returned 'not installed' because (I think) I had forgotten to install the required package. I've installed the package now but I still see the following every 15 minutes:
>
> Preventing ocfs2mgmt from re-starting on node1: operation monitor failed 'not installed' (rc=5)

Pacemaker re-runs the policy engine every 15 minutes by default to allow
for failure-timeout and other time-based directives to have an effect.
It does not re-probe RAs automatically.

People consistently confuse the PE messages (which indeed just examine
the cached state from the CIB) with actual cluster activity,
unfortunately.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Lars

--