[Pacemaker] does adding a second ring actually work with cman?

Florian Crouzat gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Tue Dec 17 10:33:53 EST 2013

Le 16/12/2013 17:28, Brian J. Murrell a écrit :

> So is there something I am misunderstanding or is this not actually
> working?  The node I was trying this on is EL6.4.

Redundant ring protocol in CMAN works very fine with >=RHEL6.4 (I only
use in active mode though).

Is it possible that lotus-5vm8 (from DNS) and lotus-5vm8-ring1 (from
/etc/hosts) resolves to the same IP (10.128.0.206) which could maybe
confuse cman and make it decide that there is only one ring ?

In my case, to be extra safe, and because I want everything to work
without network in case of admin interventions/failures (whatever), I
always put both entries in /etc/hosts, eg:

192.168.10.1 node01 node01.example.com
192.168.150.1 node01_alt node01_alt.example.com

--
Cheers,
Florian Crouzat