[Pacemaker] crmsh: New syntax for location constraints, suggestions / comments

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Fri Dec 13 04:55:32 EST 2013

Am Freitag, 13. Dezember 2013, 10:25:48 schrieb Lars Marowsky-Bree:
> On 2013-12-13T10:16:41, Kristoffer Grönlund <kgronlund at suse.com> wrote:
> > Lars (lmb) suggested that we might switch to using the { } - brackets
> > around resource sets everywhere for consistency. My only concern with
> > that would be that it would be a breaking change to the previous crmsh
> > syntax. Maybe that is okay when going from 1.x to 2.0, but it also
> > makes me a bit nervous. :)
>
> Yes, but consistency and syntax cleanups are important for 2.0.
>
> Also, then we may finally be able to change the order for collocation
> constraints as well ;-)

Syntax changes: ok. sounds reasonable.

Order for colocations and order constraints: Please don't do it. Everybody got
use to the ordering as it is now. It also makes sense. Please remember the
irritations we had moving from heartbeat 2.0 (with XML, shudder) to the new
pacemaker/crm syntax and constraint orders. I don't want to have that again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG