[Pacemaker] error: send_cpg_message: Sending message via cpg FAILED: (rc=6) Try again

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Dec 9 12:40:01 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 09:28 +0100, Jan Friesse wrote:

> Error 6 error means "try again". This is happening ether if corosync is
> overloaded or creating new membership. Please take a look to
> /var/log/cluster/corosync.log if you see something strange there (+ make
> sure you have newest corosync).

Would that same information be available in /var/log/messages if I have
configured corosync such as:

logging {
        fileline: off
        to_stderr: no
        to_logfile: no
        to_syslog: yes
        logfile: /var/log/cluster/corosync.log
        debug: off
        timestamp: on
        logger_subsys {
                subsys: AMF
                debug: off
        }
}

If so, then the log snippet I posted in the prior message includes all
that corosync had to report.  Should I increase the amount of logging?
Any suggestions on an appropriate amount/flags, etc.?

> (+ make
> sure you have newest corosync).

corosync-1.4.1-15.el6_4.1.x86_64 as shipped by RH in EL6.

Is this new enough?  I know 2.x is also available but I don't think RH
is shipping that yet.  Hopefully their 1.4.1 is still supported.

Cheers,
b.