[Pacemaker] Ressources not moving to node with better connectivity - pingd

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Mon Dec 9 08:25:34 EST 2013

Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2013, 13:06:04 schrieb Bauer, Stefan:
> Why are some resources listed more than once in the output?
> What is the difference between group_color and native_color?
> If a resource has a value of -INFINITY is it because the cluster already
> decided that this resource should not run on this host or it can not run on
> this host due to other reasons?
>
> I'm not quite sure, how a resource stickiness interferes with the internal
> decicions taken to migrate.

Everything is points. stickiness is points. constraints result in points.

With every event the cluster calculates the matrix from all nodes and all
resources. A resource will run on that node it can collect most points.

Beware of impicit constraints that give points. I.e. a colocation

col col_A_with_B inf: A B

will result in -inf points for the resource B on all nodes where A is not
running.

Look at the output of crm_simulate -s -L, write down the matrix and understand
it.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff