[Pacemaker] configuration of stonith

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Dec 8 11:44:17 EST 2013

On 08/12/13 07:54, Masopust, Christian wrote:

> [...]

As Emmanuel said, yes, it is needed to avoid dual-fencing in two-node
clusters, though the issue is not restricted to rhcs (or any HA
clustering that allows two nodes).

The node with the 'delay="15"' will have a 15 second head-start, so in a
network partition triggered fence, the node with the delay should always
live and the node without the delay will be immediately fenced.

> - when creating these stonith I see them both started on one single
>   node. Don't I need some location constraints?  Such that "fence_pcmk1"
>   only runs on pcmk2 and vice versa?

What version of pacemaker are you using?

--
Digimer
access to education?