[Pacemaker] Reg. cone and order attributes

ESWAR RAO eswar7028 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 23:58:59 EST 2013

Hi All,

Can someone help me with below configuration??

I have a 3 node HB setup (node1, node2, node3) which runs HB+pacemaker.
I have 3 apps dummy1, dummy2 , dummy3 which needs to be run on only 2 nodes
among the 3 nodes.

By using the below configuration, I was able to run 3 resources on 2 nodes.

# crm configure primitive res_dummy1 lsb::dummy1 meta allow-migrate="false"
migration-threshold=3 failure-timeout="30s"
op monitor interval="5s"
# crm configure location app_prefer_node res_dummy1 -inf: node3
# crm configure clone app_clone res_dummy1 meta clone-max="2"
globally-unique="false"

I have a dependency order like dummy2 should start after dummy1 and dummy3
should start only after dummy2.

For now I am keeping a sleep in the script and starting the resources by
using crm.

Is there any clean way to have the dependency on the resources so that
ordering is maintained while clone is run on bot the nodes??

I have tried with below config but couldn't succeed.
# crm configure order dum1-BEFORE-dum2 0: res_dummy1 res_dummy2
# crm configure order dum2-BEFORE-dum3 0: res_dummy2 res_dummy3
Instead of group i used order , so that even if 1 app gets restarts others
will not be affected.

Also is there any way so that if 1 app fails more than migration-threshold
times, we can stop all 3 resources on that node??

Thanks
Eswar