[Pacemaker] Node level fencing advice

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 18:13:27 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

We are in the market for a new UPS. And would like to know some of your
experiences given the different means of stonith (ie, ups, pdu, blade
hardware). The UPS unit we are looking at is:
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SYA4K8RMP&total_watts=500.
But before all that would like to know if RSA/iLO/DRAC is the preferred way
of implementing it?

One thing to think of is that with a UPS stonith, there is less worry of
drivers, kernel modules etc...? As for PDU level stontih, can we really
expect anything more from our PDU other than distribution?

Have more questions but for the sake of brevity...

Kind Regards,

Nick.