[Pacemaker] ha_logd and logfile rotation

Dan Urist durist at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 6 14:26:02 EDT 2013

I'm trying to use heartbeat with ha_logd, but I can't find any
documentation for the proper way to handle log file rotation when using
ha_logd. The docs at http://linux-ha.org/wiki/Ha.cf state:

> If the logging daemon is used, all log messages will be sent through
> IPC to the logging daemon, which then writes them into log files. In
> case the logging daemon dies (for whatever reason), a warning message
> will be logged and all messages will be written to log files directly.

So it's not possible to stop ha_logd, rotate the log files and then
restart it. How can I rotate log files without restarting heartbeat?

--
Dan Urist
durist at ucar.edu
303-497-2459