[Pacemaker] Web farm question

and k not4mad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:02:46 EDT 2013

Hi,

what I understand you want split vhost on separate virtual ip adresses and
join all nodes into one cluster?

I dont think it is a good idea in case of web farm, as you mentioned it
wont scale so good. What if traffic on certain vhost (virtual ip) grow up
and you would need to spread it across more nodes?

I recommend you to use 2 lvs  loadballancer in Direct Routing mode (as
active-active) with keepalived or surealived as resource health checker, it
will be really efficent and scaleable. Use pacemaker on loadbalancers as a
VIP migration tool.

In that case you can easyly scale loadbalancers (but I doubt you would need
more than 2, in DR mode lvs pases only SYN, PSH and ACK from client to your
backend which reply directry to the gateway) and as well as http nodes.

regards
Andrew