[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.8, Corosync, No CMAN, Promotion issues

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Apr 17 02:29:51 EDT 2013

On 17/04/2013, at 3:19 AM, pavan tc <pavan.tc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM, pavan tc <pavan.tc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Absolutely none in the syslog. Only the regular monitor logs from my resource agent which continued to report as secondary.
>
> This is very strange, because the thing that caused the I_PE_CALC is a timer that goes off every 15 minutes.
> Which would seem to imply that there was a transition of some kind about when the failure happened - but somehow it didnt go into the logs.
>
> Could you post the complete logs from 14:00 to 14:30?
>

> Sure. Here goes. Attached are two logs and corosync.conf -
> 1. syslog (Edited, messages from other modules removed. I have not touched the pacemaker/corosync related messages)
> 2 corosync.log (Unedited)
> 3 corosync.conf
>
> Wanted to mention a couple of things:
> -- 14:06 is when the system was coming back up from a reboot. I have started from the earliest message during boot to the point the I_PE_CALC timer popped and a promote was called.
> -- I see the following during boot up. Does that mean pacemaker did not start?

Not yet. But it looks like the pacemaker init script was also kicked off somehow (otherwise the crmd etc would not be running)

> Apr 10 14:06:26 corosync [pcmk  ] info: process_ais_conf: Enabling MCP mode: Use the Pacemaker init script to complete Pacemaker startup
>
> Could that contribute to any of this behaviour?

No.

> I'll be glad to provide any other information.
>
> Did anybody get a chance to look at the information attached in the previous email?

Yes, but looking at the code it should be impossible.
Would it be possible for you to add:

export PCMK_trace_functions=peer_update_callback

to /etc/sysconfig/pacemaker and re-test (and send me the new logs - probably in /var/log/pacemaker.log)?