[Pacemaker] Migrating from Heartbeat Fedora 17 to Fedora 18 Pacemaker

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Apr 15 23:02:33 EDT 2013

Pasting my reply from the linux-ha list:

On 16/04/2013, at 12:05 AM, Guilsson Guilsson <guilsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to continue using my cfg files in Fedora 18 pacemaker ?

No. Sorry.

> If not, Is there a straightforward (and simple) conversion between my cfg
> files to new format ?

There was one, but its honestly much simpler to start from scratch.
Happily we have a step-by-step worked example:
   http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html

> Although it seams pacemaker has more features, is it become more
> complicated ?

On the surface it seems like it, but CLIs like pcs and crmsh make it reasonably accessible.
I'd highly recommend this:
  http://blog.clusterlabs.org/blog/2009/configuring-heartbeat-v1-was-so-simple/