[Pacemaker] Clone Resources Individual Configuration per Node

Felix Zachlod fz.lists at sis-gmbh.info
Tue Apr 9 14:33:20 EDT 2013

> It seems no rule has been selected here and it has fallen back to the
default.
> It looks similar on the other node- but some times it seems that the
script is
> being called with the correct params (without changing the cib, of
course). I
> have no idea, why the crm seems to randomly select one of the
> configurations.

Okay I found out what the problem was. The CRM first runs a monitor
operation on the RA, BEVOR it has selected a node. This fails as it passes
the default parameter and my validate_all function returns an error as it
does not accept the dummy param. If the resource gets started for some
reason on one node, the crm passes the param selected fort he 'running' node
to BOTH RA on BOTH nodes- which fails on the node that had not been
selected.

I now added a param to my validate function to disable the HW check fort he
monitor op. Now the resource works as expected (get the right params fort he
node that has been selected by the crm).

That is a bid odd behaviour from my POV. I think it would be a better
solution to pass the parameters according to the node the resource is
monitored on and not according to the node the resource is RUNNING on.

So monitor resource on node B? Pass params adequate for node b!

Currenty: resource running on node B? Pass params for node B to monitor op
on both.

Regards, Felix