[Pacemaker] Shared redundant machine

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Fri Apr 26 05:05:58 EDT 2013

Hello,

Let's say I have three physical servers available to configure in a redundant way. I'm going to use two of the three servers to connect each to a different network. The one that is left over will be the fallback server for both primary servers. What needs to be done in this scenario is that the shared IP and a process running on the primary machines is migrated to the secondary server, in the case one or both servers fail. The same process runs on both primary machines.

I'm not sure if this is possible. It was just an idea, and my experience with high availability isn't that great, aside from configuring a basic cluster and some resources. So I'm asking it here to the more experienced users.

Thanks,

Grant