No subject

Tue Apr 9 19:27:50 EDT 2013

process satisfactorily.
# grep "throttle_get_total_job_limit" pacemaker.log
(snip)
Nov 08 11:08:31 [2387] vm13       crmd: (  throttle.c:629   )   trace:
throttle_get_total_job_limit:    No change to batch-limit=0
Nov 08 11:08:32 [2387] vm13       crmd: (  throttle.c:632   )   trace:
throttle_get_total_job_limit:    Using batch-limit=8
(snip)
Nov 08 11:10:32 [2387] vm13       crmd: (  throttle.c:632   )   trace:
throttle_get_total_job_limit:    Using batch-limit=16

The above shows that it is not solved even if it restricts the whole
number of jobs by batch-limit.
Are there any other methods of reducing a synchronous message?

Internal IPC message is not so much.
Do not be able to handle even a little it on the way to handle the
synchronization message?

Regards,
Yusuke

2013/11/12 Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net>:

> On 11 Nov 2013, at 11:48 pm, yusuke iida <yusk.iida at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Execution of the graph was also checked.
>> Since the number of pending(s) is restricted to 16 from the middle, it
>> is judged that batch-limit is effective.
>> Observing here, even if a job is restricted by batch-limit, two or
>> more jobs are always fired(ed) in 1 second.
>> These performed jobs return a result and the synchronous message of
>> CIB generates them.
>> The node which continued receiving a synchronous message processes
>> there preferentially, and postpones an internal IPC message.
>> I think that it caused timeout.
>
> What load-threshold were you running this with?
>
> I see this in the logs:
> "Host vm10 supports a maximum of 4 jobs and throttle mode 0100.  New job limit is 1"
>
> Have you set LRMD_MAX_CHILDREN=4 on these nodes?
> I wouldn't recommend that for a single core VM.  I'd let the default of 2*cores be used.
>

> Also, I'm not seeing "Extreme CIB load detected".  Are these still single core machines?
> If so it would suggest that something about:
>
>         if(cores == 1) {
>             cib_max_cpu = 0.4;
>         }
>         if(throttle_load_target > 0.0 && throttle_load_target < cib_max_cpu) {
>             cib_max_cpu = throttle_load_target;
>         }
>
>         if(load > 1.5 * cib_max_cpu) {
>             /* Can only happen on machines with a low number of cores */
>             crm_notice("Extreme %s detected: %f", desc, load);
>             mode |= throttle_extreme;
>
> is wrong.
>
> What was load-threshold configured as?

METRO SYSTEMS CO., LTD