No subject

Tue Apr 9 19:27:50 EDT 2013

> Glad you got it working, though.

I've debated writing a "fence_apc_multi" that takes "reboot" and two or
more PDU addresses/ports and does the break out for you. This would make
the pacemaker config a lot cleaner, but that solution would work for APC
agent only. A "fix" in stonith would be portable to all agents.

>> location loc_fence_n01_ipmi fence_n01_ipmi -inf: an-c03n01.alteeve.ca
> [...]
>
> I'm not sure you need any of these location constraints, by the way. Did
> you test if it works without them?

Nope, as I said, it was after one test.

>> Again, this is after just one test. I will want to test it several more
>> times before I consider it reliable. Ideally, I would love to hear
>> Andrew or others confirm this looks sane/correct.
>
> It looks correct, but not quite sane. ;-) That seems not to be
> something you can address, though. I'm thinking that fencing topology
> should be smart enough to, if multiple fencing devices are specified, to
> know how to expand them to "first all off (if off fails anywhere, it's a
> failure), then all on (if on fails, it is not a failure)". That'd
> greatly simplify the syntax.
>
> Can you file a bugzilla/enhancement suggestion for that?

I can, but I won't (not yet, anyway). I am still learning and I want to
understand the mechanics better before I start lobbing ideas like this
out there. I am talking the Andrew a lot on IRC.

>> The crm commands used to configure this were (edited, may contain typos):
>
> BTW, for the crm shell, you don't need to provide these in addition to
> the configuration syntax you already pasted above, since that's a
> complete rendering of the commands needed to recreate the configuration
> already.
>

> Regards,
>     Lars

Fair point. I thought that might be the case but, being new to this, I
decided to err on the side of verbosity.

--
Digimer
access to education?