[Pacemaker] HealthCPU

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at schwartzkopff.org
Mon Sep 10 07:48:28 EDT 2012

> Dear all,
>
> I want to add the possibility for pacemaker to move my master server in
> case of high CPU load. I guess that adding a primitive
> ocf:pacemaker:HealthCPU would do that; however, I do not have a clue about
> either the mechanism or configuration of it.
> I did read this
> document<http://www.linuxcertif.com/man/7/ocf_pacemaker_HealthCPU/>,
> but it didn't help.
>
> Could anyone please help me?
>
> Thank you all in advance,
> Hanie

- Add a clone of HealthCPU agents to your setup.
- Watch #healthcpu (or something like it).
- make load (i.e. cp /dev/random /dev/null)
- watch #health again.

- adjust your health configuration accordingly.

- be sure the clear the #health attribute manually after overload situation!

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98