[Pacemaker] Upgrading to Pacemaker 1.1.7. Issue: sticky resources failing back after reboot

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 11:18:53 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

My guess is that this is an issue with node scores for the resources in question.  Stickiness and location constraints work in a similar way.  You could really think of resource stickiness as a temporary location constraint on a resource that changes depending on what node it is on.

If you have a resource with stickiness enabled and you want the resource to stay put, the stickiness score has to out weigh all the location constraints for that resource on other nodes.  If you are using colocation constraints, this becomes increasingly complicated as a resources per node location score could change based on the location of another resource.

For specific advice on your scenario, there is little we can offer without seeing your exact configuration.

-- Vossel