[Pacemaker] pacemaker processes RSS growth

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Thu Sep 6 03:33:01 EDT 2012

06.09.2012 10:19, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that some pacemaker processes grow during operation (commit
>> 8535316). Running on top of corosync 2.0.1.
>> I notched RSS size (RES as htop reports) with interval of ~18 hours.
>> First column is notched after ~1 hour of operation.
>>
>> Results are:
>> pengine      23568       23780
>> crmd         15592       17420
>> cib          12356       12380
>> lrmd          4396       14128
>> stonithd      3812        3812
>> attrd         3240        3244
>> pacemakerd    3104        3104
>>
>> Cluster is totally static, except cluster-recheck-interval is set to
>> 3min. No actions had been taken after the first notch.
>>
>> This make me think of some slow memory leaks in crmd and lrmd, but I
>> can't say that for sure because of glib.
>>
>> I do not know if CTS or coverity cover this, so I can try to run under
>> valgrind if somebody give me instructions how to do that.
>
> Check the bottom of /etc/sysconfig/pacemaker :-)

Heh :)

> Valgrind takes a heavy toll though... perhaps set

I know. That is a test cluster, so it doesn't matter.

> export G_SLICE=always-malloc

Yes, I know. That does not help to deal with one-time glib
initializations though, like gtype one. May be you have appropriate
.supp for all daemons? I see only cts.supp, ptest.supp and cli.supp.

Should I make full cluster restart or rolling one is ok?