[Pacemaker] recovering from split brain

Jane Du (jadu) jadu at cisco.com
Fri Sep 28 19:52:43 EDT 2012

Hi,
Use heartbeat and pacemaker for two node HA. We don't configure the fencing or quorum because we let
one of our module handle the split-brain recovering based on some important factors. However,
when recovering from two-node split brain situation, CRM still tries to elect a node to be active to run the resource and sometimes
the decision is conflict with what our master module makes and triggers an unnecessary switch over.
Is there a parameter that I can program to delay CRM to make the decision or not to make decision when recovering from split brain?

Thanks for your help,

Jane