[Pacemaker] VirtualDomain shutdown problem

Luca Meron ckslxpcjus at hotmail.it
Tue Sep 11 06:52:10 EDT 2012

Hi.

I've an installation with a VirtualDomain KVM machine which doesn't support shutdown, so it has to be destroyed.
>From what I see VirtualDomain should first issue a shutdown and after the timeout destroy the vm, but I'm using Pacemaker 1.1.6 and I found this thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/78969
which says there's a bug in this version.
I've filed a bug to the distribution, but in the meantime I thought I could use the force_stop parameter, but I'm not sure it works.
if I issue "crm resource stop FirewallVM" it stops immediately, even if I shutdown corosync, but if I try to halt the pacemaker node it returns an error, the shutdown process is blocked and the FirewallVM_stop operation is reported as failed.
Still couldn't capture any useful log, since when this happens rsyslog is already stopped.

Full config here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1198394/

is it a config fault?
thanks