[Pacemaker] pacemaker processes RSS growth

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Thu Sep 6 03:14:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

I noticed that some pacemaker processes grow during operation (commit
8535316). Running on top of corosync 2.0.1.
I notched RSS size (RES as htop reports) with interval of ~18 hours.
First column is notched after ~1 hour of operation.

Results are:
pengine      23568       23780
crmd         15592       17420
cib          12356       12380
lrmd          4396       14128
stonithd      3812        3812
attrd         3240        3244
pacemakerd    3104        3104

Cluster is totally static, except cluster-recheck-interval is set to
3min. No actions had been taken after the first notch.

This make me think of some slow memory leaks in crmd and lrmd, but I
can't say that for sure because of glib.

I do not know if CTS or coverity cover this, so I can try to run under
valgrind if somebody give me instructions how to do that.

I can send CIB contents if needed.

Vladislav