[Pacemaker] Clustering of Two virtual machines hosted on different physical servers

ecfgijn pradeep.a.kumar at ericsson.com
Wed Sep 5 01:06:41 EDT 2012

Hi All ,

I am trying to configure clustering of two virtual machines( Centos-6.2
,KVM hypervisor). Both the machines are running on different VLAN's i.e
both machines have different gateway.

My  doubt : Is it necessary that both the VM's should be on the same
VLAN and should have same gateway ? to configure clustering. If it is
not , then what changes need to be done on VMs so that we can do the
clustering.

when i run the below command on both VMs , then i get output

[root at node1 ~]# corosync-cfgtool -s
Printing ring status.
Local node ID 16777343
RING ID 0
  id    = 127.0.0.1
status    = ring 0 active with no faults

As per the the documentation , i should get static ip address instead of
the localhost address , same is happening on both VMs , Can you guys
suggests what can be done so that my both nodes join the cluster.

Regards
Pradeep Kumar
(07838300586)